27 February 2008

Cake for the Prime Minister continued

Well at last I finished the cake which was I was told today that I had to present to Dr Lawrence Gonzi, the Maltese Prime Minister.
It was certainly a lobour of love as the replica of the annexe in sugar took me a whole week to do. It was made out of pastillage and I had to cut out sections and leave to dry before I could continue. Mind you I was pleased with the outcome. I also had to do 3 coats of arms in runout sugar. The pictures show the cake and the cutting of the cake by the Prime Minister.

http://www.gozo.gov.mt/pages.aspx?page=1620


corporate, prime minister, malta, cake, craft centre, arts centre
corporate, prime minister, malta, cake, craft centre, arts centre
corporate, prime minister, malta, cake, craft centre, arts centre

1 comment:

Tablebread said...

HOW CAN NO ONE COMMENT ON THIS?!?!?! This is freaking amazing!!!! What a beautiful cake and what an amazing honor! It's unbelievable how realistic and perfect those coat-of-arms are! Beautiful :)